We respect your privacy and take the protection of your personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person.
This policy applies to you if you are:
• a person who agrees to be a supplier of goods or services to us.
Personal information includes:
• certain information collected when you interact with us as part of responding to a tender;
• certain information collected as part an agreement with us to provide goods or services; and
• optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below).
• information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
• permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
• non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
• information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Where you are a juristic person, any reference to personal information will include the personal information of your data subject.
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
• identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
• contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
• address information – such as your physical or postal address.
Sensitive personal information
Depending on the goods or services that you supply, we may also collect sensitive personal information including your:
• financial information – such as your bank account details and credit status;
• criminal information – such as information about your commission or alleged commission of any offence or about any related legal proceedings.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you offer or supply goods and services to us. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not supply goods and services to us.
We will only enter into any agreement with you after following our internal policies and supplier onboarding procedures. Likewise, you consent that acceptance of any agreement, as it applies, was carried out with the required authority.
By accepting this policy or continuing to offer to supply goods or services to us, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so. Like we will take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information, you agree to likewise protect our personal information.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop supplying or offering to supply goods or services to us. If you continue to offer to supply or supply goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and
you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any goods or services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
• procurement of goods or services
• business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
• legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
• remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter / re-provide it to us.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
• in accordance with applicable law;
• when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you in relation to your supply of goods or services to us. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
We may share your personal information with:
• other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong to provide joint content and services like registration, and to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies;
• our goods or services providers under contract who help provide certain goods or services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods or services providers only use your information in connection with the goods or services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
• credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law; and
• other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
• by a subpoena or court order;
• to comply with any law;
• to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
• to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the necessary details to you at the stage we deem it necessary. We are not obligated to divulge any possible change of ownership during the due diligence investigation stage, as it applies. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete
your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
Please keep your personal information accurate and up to date by emailing us, and by phoning us.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
• retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
• you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Transfer to another country
We may not transfer your personal information outside the country from which it was collected to a foreign country without your permission.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us by contacting us by phone or email.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.
3 June 2021